Just Max

Just Max Blabbering.

Nothing too interesting - nothing too controversial

Saturday, July 31, 2010

iPhone 4

Now we all know that I'm a 'glass is half full' kind of a girl who is always willing to put on a happy face. I try to see the best in everyone and always assume that a stranger is a friend I haven't met... So please forgive me for this post as I suspect I might come across as being just a tad cynical and *gasp* a tiny bit cross.

Hundreds of people sleep rough on Ballarat's streets each night. If you're from these parts you'll imagine that sleeping on the streets would be especially awful at this time of year - not to mention dangerous. Homeless people must feel as though they have very little options and so find themselves freezing, hungry and very vulnerable. So when I saw this article in the Ballarat Courier on Friday I was completely dumbfounded. 'About 20 people from Ballarat, Bendigo, Bacchus Marsh and Melton braved the cold until midnight' to be the first to purchase a new iPhone 4 from the Bridge Mall's Telstra Shop. What the hell is all this about? Why would people voluntarily sit in the dark and icy drizzle to wait until midnight just so they can spend their money a few hours earlier than everyone else??? Is this really what we've become?
The new super dooper iPhone 4
Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the iPhone 4 is the most wonderful thing ever to happen to the world since, I don't know, the big bang? I have an iPhone myself and it's a very nice phone. However it takes a really sad and shallow individual to queue up just to get one a few hours before everyone else. Not to mention the incredibly high price attached to one of these new toys. I wonder what the homeless people must make of this... Am I being too harsh? Maybe. I just think it's really sad that it's come to this. Come on, people, get a life!

1 comment:

  1. yep, i have also questioned why anyone would want to do that. crazy & with more money than sense.
    each to their own I guess.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to have a read of this blog. Please feel free to comment and contribute to the conversation.